May 8 Update
Sirs and Ma’ams,
The current restrictions that prevent us from opening our physical locations are set to expire at 11:59 PM on May 13. At this time we do not expect a renewal of the restrictions.
Therefore, we plan to reopen on Tuesday, May 19!!!
Rest assured, all locations will have schedules that include in-person classes as well as the continuation of Zoom virtual classes. The schedules will be communicated by your individual location in the coming days. Zoom virtual classes will be no different from in-person classes as far as test preparation is concerned.
In-person classes at physical locations will require some changes:
- All instructors will be following proper health protocols and will not be allowed inside a TONCHU location if they have virus symptoms. The same applies for students and spectators. If you are sick, please stay at home. If a student or spectator enters a facility and exhibits any symptoms of illness, before or during class, they will be asked to leave.
- Weather permitting, doors will remain open to prevent touching of handles and to create more ventilation. Locations that have more than one door will designate one as “Entry” and one as “Exit”.
- Touchless check-in. This is the same procedure we started before the locations were shut down. Students will not gather their attendance card prior to class. Instructors will pull the cards and mark attendance.
- Instructors will no longer tie belts for our younger students. If a parent can’t tie the belt for them, they will be allowed to take class without a belt.
- Spacing on the mat will change. Our previous marks were spaced 5 feet apart both vertically and horizontally. The distances will be increased to a minimum of 8 feet and in some cases as much as 10 feet. We realize that movement in a Martial Arts class is not always static as it relates to individual members. We want to allow some leeway for dynamic movements. This will obviously reduce the number of students allowed on the mat at any given time so we will be using a reservation system to sign up for a class spot. Since each location has a different mat configuration, you will receive a separate message from your location about this procedure.
- Please be mindful of the distance between you and your neighbor on the mat, in the lobby, and upon entry into the location and exit as well.
- Sparring/Grappling in class will be discontinued for the time-being. Please do not bring your sparring gear to class.
- Water fountains will be disabled in locations that have them. If you feel you may need water during or after class, please bring your own water bottle.
- Please bring your own weapons to class and do not allow others to share them. If you fail to bring your own weapons, and instead use TONCHU weapons, do not return them to weapons racks. After use, place them in the designated area so they can be sanitized.
- The lobbies will be reconfigured with chairs placed at appropriate distances. When necessary, we may ask parents to wait in their cars or elsewhere within the shopping center property until class is dismissed. Please do not leave the shopping center property. Drop-offs and pickups are not allowed. Instructors will always be mindful when releasing a student. No student will be allowed to leave our doors without carefully watching where they are going. This has always been our policy.
- Obviously, cleaning and sanitizing everything we touch is our paramount concern. We will be doing everything within our power to ensure this happens. Schedules will be arranged to allow us time to sanitize between classes.
- JKN 2 shaking of hands at the end of class is suspended until further notice.
TONCHU Martial Arts
WELCOME TO TONCHU MARTIAL ARTS ACADEMY
Grandmaster Hee Sup Chung is a 5th generation martial artist. He has followed in the steps of his ancestors by devoting his life to sharing the knowledge, skill, and versatility in martial arts with others. He studied and mastered the art of Mushimudo, Tae Kwon Do, Judo, Jui Jitsu, Hapkido, Tai Chi, and Kung Fu from his father Great Grandmaster Sung Wuk Chung and his uncles Great Grandmaster Young Nam Chung and Great Grandmaster Young Jin Chung. He later traveled the world as the international spokesman, teacher, and competitor of the premier brand Macho Martial Arts for over a decade while learning from expert stylists. Grandmaster Chung has long excelled in his quest for knowledge and skill.
The Chung family opened their first school in 1874 in Taegu, South Korea. All of the knowledge acquired and passed down through the Chung family for the past hundred years is at the disposal of TONCHU students. There are very few schools in the world that can offer this pedigree of excellent lineage and we are proud to continue the tradition of martial arts that the Chung Family began over 100 years ago.
The TONCHU Difference
-We are ONE academy with four convenient locations serving Metro-Atlanta
-We have fulltime professional instructors and Masters.
-We have a flexible schedule which allows training 1 or 2 times a week
-We offer classes 6 days a week for ALL ages from 3-Adult.
-Discipline, confidence, and focus, are not only character development lessons, but life skills we embed into our academy’s culture.
-We have a rotational curriculum delivered at 6 different levels from Beginner to Mastership
-White Belt to Master Level Classes
-Under Blackbelt curriculum includes Tae Kwon Do, Karate, and basic weaponry
-Above Blackbelt to Masters curriculum which includes Kung Fu, Jiu Jitsu, Judo, and training with various weapons
-We have over 100 Active Blackbelts training weekly at our schools
-We conduct an annual tournament for members.
-We have our own sparring league (Olympic Tae Kwon Do).